Innovative observational and experimental study designs, in social and clinical sciences, as well as public health in general.
Design, implementation and dissemination of health research initiatives, in Dominican Republic and internationally
- Observational and experimental study designs in clinical medicine, public health and social sciences
- Rapid assessment process applications in health-related areas
- Community-based participatory research and community empowerment initiatives
- Process, outcome and impact evaluations of public health projects and interventions
Research tools and services for local and international research projects conducted in the Dominican Republic
- Technical assistance on study designs, IRB requirements and methodological approaches adjusted to health-related topics in DR health system and cultural setting
- Design and validation of qualitative and quantitative data collection tools and other resources for research implementation
- Recruitment and follow up of study participants, including hard-to-reach populations and traditionally marginalized social groups
- Design and establishment of research platforms to support data collection and field work activities, for local and international clients and research institutions
- Data management, processing and tabulation based on specific research objectives
- Analysis and interpretation of surveys and other research data collected by third parties
- Translation of research findings to evidence-based and culturally appropriate public health interventions and clinical services design
Expert advisory on activities and research processes conducted by third parties
- Evaluation and suggestions on research proposals submitted to national and international funding agencies
- Revision and editing of research articles submitted to national and international journals in different health-related areas
- Post-graduate thesis advisory
Health Data Management
Data capture, processing, analysis and interpretation, in research initiatives and clinical services.
Design and implementation of health information systems
- Design of custom-made, HIPPA compliant information systems for hospitals, health establishments and public health programs
- Assessment, revision and transformation of outdated health information systems to better respond to institutional and programmatic demands.
- Construction of performance indicators for monitoring and evaluation of health initiatives, including definition of data sources, management, processing and analysis.
Clinical and public health data management and analysis
- IT tools and procedures for HIPPA compliant management of electronic health records, with emphasis on data safety.
- Technical assistance on data capture, processing, analysis and interpretation initiatives
- Design and implementation of data quality assurance procedures and formats, at different levels of clinical and public health settings.
Big data management and analysis for hospitals and public health programs
- Information technology solutions for big data capture, management and analysis
- Big data mining services for health establishments and public health programs, including definition of algorithms for routine follow up and reporting
- Data visualization solutions, as input for revision of health services and decision making at sub-national and national level
Medical education, research methodology courses and scientific dissemination activities.
Post-graduate training and continued education activities
- Custom-made continued education activities in medical education and health research, adjusted to clients’ human resources development strategies and priorities.
- Workshops and courses on specific health research-related topics (research design, qualitative and quantitative research methods, health research ethics, clinical data management and interpretation, etc.)
Design, planning and hosting of scientific activities in health-related areas
- Definition of objectives and agendas for scientific meetings and conferences
- Contacts and networking with national and international experts, as key speakers for local scientific events
- Outsourcing of marketing and event hosting services
- Production and dissemination of papers and proceedings produces by specific scientific events
Technical assistance to medical education institutions and post-graduate health programs in local and international accreditation processes
- Expert advisory in accreditation requirements and procedures for individual health-related institutions
- Interactions and follow up with accrediting institutions and local accreditation bodies, as required by the client
- Design and implementation of improvement plans for institutional components, in order to meet accreditation requirements (research activities, publications, curriculum design, etc.)
- Design of technical documents and institutional procedures required by the accreditation process (Institutional boards, student manuals, etc.)